Friday, June 10, 2011

Three years ago today,,,,I met the love of my life

Our Last Anniversary spent together....True love never dies....


Who ever thought that this is where I would be at this point in my life. I had known for a long time what things I wanted in my life and what type of man I wanted to share that life with. I met that man that man 3 years ago today. I didn't know it at the time, that he was the one I had been looking for but learned along the way that he was the one I never wanted to be parted from. I don't believe that there is only one perfect person out there for each person in the world. But I do believe there is one perfect person for someone if they meet at the right time. He was my chance at learning to love and I was his chance at learning to love again. "You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."- Sam Keen. Neither one of us was or will ever be perfect, but as so many others shared what they saw of what we had, we were perfect for each other. We had never been happier. 


I remember the first morning we met. It was 4:30am at a Starbucks in town. We couldn't keep our eyes off each other or the grins to fade. He didn't even like the fact that we each had to get to work that made plans to meet up just a few hours later. At that point another friend met up with us and still to this day will tell you that neither of us could look anywhere else but where the other was and our smiles were so infectious that you couldn't help but smile along with us. From that moment on, there wasn't much time you would find us being apart when we were able to be with each other. And anyone else that was around us was engulfed in the pure happiness that we had. I know I make this sound like it was a fairytale for us. In some ways it was, but we still had our obstacles to face. But in the end we did what couples should do, stick by their partner through the thick and the thin. We didn't always have the support that you would wish you would have from the others in your life that you love. But I quickly learned that all I needed was hope, faith and love and things would come together the way they should. The love we had grew in ways that most people don't usually get the chance to experience, we were tested in so many ways and at so many times just wanted to give up. But we were what held each other up. We became more than just lovers, we became best friends. And that is all I ever wanted. I was in love with my best friend and as was he. We had our fairytale. 


It has been almost a year now since he has passed. And I still think of the dreams we had made together and all the memories we made along the way. I remember the promises of things we would do, all the places we would go. But most of all I remember the smile he would get on his face every time he would say "I love you". It will remain in my heart and mind till my dying day.What a lucky, precious gift he gave me and I was able to give him. Those were the last words spoken between us. So as today I celebrate this day on earth alone, I know I am not without him. He is here with me in spirit..... So here is to love, may you all find it where you need it and never be afraid to share with those you love how much you love them because you never know when the last chance to share that will be.... 


Your kisses always made my heart skip a beat...


Here's to you my love....
playing our song....
At last our love has come along....
I am dreaming of dancing to this song wrapped in your arms.

2 comments: