Sunday, April 10, 2011

Not Like the Movies


What person doesn't watch a love story and wish that they had some part of what the people in the movie had. I know I am that kind of person. I had always been wishing for my fairytale happy ending with my Prince Charming, or that story of a couple that no one thought would make and in the end they lived the most perfect life they could have ever wanted. But we know that what we see in movies isn't very likely to happen. Its rare when you hear a someones love story and it sounds like something you would see in a movie. People don't talk about having deep, passionate, fulling, perfect love. They usually seem to just settle for what they have and don't keep looking for that rare kind of love. 

I guess I would say that I am lucky in that sense. Everyone told me life has been like a movie. It had all the ups and downs, a great plot line, had the leading man and leading women, and all the challenges a relationship could have. But to me it was the perfect movie. I would never say that there I didn't have my days that I wanted to just give up, but I would say that those days are the ones the made me want to keep fighting for what I wanted. I was the girl who fell in love with a man that had promised me that he couldn't and wouldn't ever fall in love again. From that moment on I knew that one day he would fall head over heals for me just like I did for him. It took him a while but he did eventually allow himself to love and be loved. And in using his favorite word to describe what it was like "Magic". What we had was magic. We loved each other for our imperfections and our willingness to fight for one another, no matter what the world through at us. "Love is the closest thing we have to magic." We were so close to having the fairytale happy ending, till it was cut short. But with that I still go on, knowing how loved I was by him, and knowing how special a gift that is. And I know that when the time is right he will help me to find someone who will love me as deeply and passionately as he loved me. So in the end my life really has turned out like a few movies or maybe mine is still being created.

No comments:

Post a Comment