Saturday, April 9, 2011

Smile


As I was watching a movie the other night while trying to fall asleep, something in the movie triggered a memory for me. In the movie the mother went and kissed her sleeping child on the cheek before she left and as she kissed his cheek the child smiled and didn't even know it. This reminded me of a conversation I had one morning with Blaine. He told me that morning, the night before he didn't sleep very well, but I had been out cold. But he sat there watching me sleep for a little while and then finally kissed me on the cheek. He told me I then smile while sleeping. I remembering him telling me this with such joy in his voice, knowing that even when I am in dream land, that he cant still make me smile. And after that he was able to fall asleep. Thinking of this conversation it reminded me again of how much the little things in life mean so much more. I always loved watching him sleep, because he would always fall asleep on the couch after he invited me to come over and watch TV or a movie with him at least 20 minutes after I got there. He would fall asleep with a smile on his face. These are such precious memories. And I am so glad that this is one I can remember like it was just yesterday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment