Sunday, March 27, 2011

Family

I made a new step for myself today..... Making the journey to a place that I hold very near to my heart, filled with people I love, but also a hard memory to return to. But I did it. I did it for 2 reasons, 1st being that my cousin just got home from serving a mission the last 19 months in Argentina, and 2nd because I need to return to the last place I saw him. I made a forward step. One that I knew wasn't going to be easy, but one that I knew would be worth it. There is nothing like walking into a place that feels like home no matter what and be surrounded by people who love you. Seeing the joy in every ones faces, watching the children run around playing, being crazy, or even crying. Family is what keeps us together. They are the ones who help to build us back up when we are falling apart, and the ones who will tell you just how it is and what should be or can be done to fix it. I have been waiting a long time for my cousin to come home. She is one of my best friends and someone who I love so much and has played a big part in my life and in Blaine's. Her faith in God and religion is a strength to me, even when I feel I have no ground to walk on. We have only been able to scratch the surface in our conversation tonight. But it was one I have been needing to have for a long time. I am so lucky and grateful to have the family I do.

I love her crazy, enthusiastic, loving, faithfully out look on life! 

No comments:

Post a Comment