Sunday, March 20, 2011

It will be okay.....one day at a time....

Some days you feel like you have everything going for yourself and some days you feel like you have nothing left to give to the world. I know this roller coaster all to well. I remember what it felt like the sky was the limit. Everything I wanted was possible as long as I fought hard enough to get it. And boy did I fight hard. And it was worth everything I ever put into it. I had everything I could have ever wanted. But these days its hard to remember why I had the drive to fight so hard for what I wanted or what I want now. Why is it that in the blink of an eye you can forget every dream or goal you ever wanted to come true. 

I guess when you have something traumatic happen your life changes in that instant. Things you had once wanted are different, things you once liked taste,smell or look different. When you have everyone telling you what or how you should feel, what you should be doing, they don't take the time to think that you aren't the same. That they need to take things slower and be a bit more gentle with you. You have become so fragile that you are afraid. But they all just want to make you better so they push and push. Sometimes I just wish they would understand that it really does just take time, that it is okay to feel sad, to cry without reason, to feel empty. It doesn't mean that I am going to stop living. It just means I am taking it all in. I may be young and everyone thinks I should be able to just bounce right back. But that isn't how life works. I feel everything, but I also know that one day I will be okay. Just give it time. I am taking life one day at a time, if that is to slow for you I am sorry. But this is how things must be. So I can learn to dream and grow again.

No comments:

Post a Comment