Sunday, March 20, 2011

Rainy Nights


Growing up I loved rain. I always had that hopeless romantic dream in my head that one day I would have one of those amazing, foot popping kiss in the rain, just like they show in movies. Well as I have grown up, I still wished for this, or even more just the chance to curl up on the couch with my love, covered in a blanket, drinking hot coco, next to a fire.(yeah I am that kinda girl) This never happened. We always talked about it happening, when I found the one I wanted to be with. But we always seemed to be apart on those rainy days and nights, so we planned for the future. 

Now as I listen to the rain hitting the window, I think about those nights I had so longed for growing up and had planned with my love. So when I hear the rain I no longer love it. It brings back those memories that I try to keep buried.... maybe one day I wont hate these rainy nights so much. When I can open myself up again to the idea that I might find that person I can curl up with and have my hopeless romantic dream with. I know one day that will happen. But for now the rain reminds me of the late night phone calls and dreams I made, reminding me of what I am missing. One day though.....one day that will change. One day I will love the rain again, the smell of fresh, crisp, clean air. Washing away everything and making it new again...Just like learning to dream and wish again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment